Pages

Wednesday, June 9, 2010

It's here!

The first offical day of the conference is over. And as an orgainzer, it went well! (Heidi here, by the way). Rigby is officially the babywearing capital of the world this week. I have never seen so many baby carriers in such concentration! You all are making babywearing SO beautiful. (And all you wrappers are AWESOME!!)

Photos will be coming as soon as we get them. We have professional photographers roaming the grounds we will be posting some of their photos here and links to their websites for you all to purchase what you love.

I have a whole bunch of things to say and not a bunch of time right at the moment. But I want to say right now that one of my favorite things so far has been watching people who have never met one another or who haven't seen one another since the last conference shake hands and hug and carry on like old friends. The babywearing community is amazing.

Kelly Mason from Kozy Carrier gave a great talk to end the day. I will be back later with some comments on that. And I had several people come up to me and tell me that even if they came all the way to Idaho and only took the one class that they took today, it would be totally worth it. That is what this conference is all about.

I shall be back!

--Heidi

1 comment:

Laurinda Reddig said...

I had a cool moment the first day when I was walking toward the front of the school, and saw 6 other moms wearing their babies all walking in from different directions. It was really cool!

And you ladies have done an amazing job bringing this conference together!